[LRFlex] Re: More Wet Flowers

  • From: Jim Hemenway <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 20:31:28 -0400

Aram:

I like the colors in this one:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Wet-Flowers/rain_cactus_2

and the delicacy in this one:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Wet-Flowers/rain_cactus_4

and the way in which the rain drops glisten on this one:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Wet-Flowers/purple_tulip_2005_2

Are those serrated edges of the flowers a result of the rain?

Jim

Aram Langhans wrote:
Two good things about rain during a drought year. 1. it helps with the water storage we will so desprately need this summer. 2. It makes for great photos!.

Last Sunday, I called a camera club member up to see if I could take some photos of her cactus blooms. They have a great cactus garden and camera club goes there to take shots on nice bright sunny days and we all come and show the same bright sunny slides of flowers at our meeting. Rain was forcast, and was happening, so I thougth I'd be different and take some cactus flower shots in the pouring rain. She said ther rain ruins the flowers. What do you think?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Wet-Flowers

These were at the end of a roll of Ektachrome 100. I shot a roll of Astia, too, but haven't scanned them yet. Projected, they look much better than the E-100. The overcast sky and rain made all the colors just jump out. The Astia looks like Velvia on a sunny day.