[LRflex] More Eagle fun at the Otter Bay ferry terminal

  • From: H&E Cummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 14:57:41 -0700

Hi Flexers,
I only had a brief visit from one male Rufous hummingbird this morning and when
he saw me he was gone in a flash!
He's much more skittish than his female counterpart. So, I went over to the
Otter Bay ferry terminal and after I was set
up the bald eagles from across the bay showed up. Very convenient.

Here they are landing at the dock.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hummers2014/8513.jpg.html>

When you are dealing with over 200 cm (more than 6 feet of wing span) sometimes
it's a bit hard to get settled:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hummers2014/8518.jpg.html>

Once landed and settled there was an opportunity for a family portrait:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hummers2014/8534.jpg.html>

And when Mama got bored she flew straight at me and away:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hummers2014/8620.jpg.html>

Yes I did duck!!

Please look large - C&C always welcome.

Howard.