[LRflex] Minor Leage Baseball

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:22:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Leica Group!
   I went to a Minor League Baseball game this evening with some of my Family.
The team was the West Michigan White Caps, a single A affiliate of the Detroit
Tigers (which are on the other side of the 'mitten' from here!). I shot 600+
frames with a 90 Elmarit 2.8 on an EOS 20D. I was blazing shots of batters all
evening, but was 'Chimping' when one of 'our' players lost the grip on his bat
and sent it sailing into the stands! I ducked well enough, but my Sister
didn't! Bruises and scrapes on the forearm and ribcage. Ouch. :-) One of the
side effects of 'good seats' is nothing between you and the action except AIR!
I'll try to post a few in the morning - lots of appointments tomorrow and
wednesday.
God I love the 90 Elmarit!
God I hate my 20D~ At least Tonight!

Had to shoot at f2.8 and couldn't reliably land my focus placement. My 20D has
developed a misalignment in the mirror prism assembly doohickeythingamabob.
Very technical terms - hope I didn't frighten anyone! My keeper rate is
probably sub 2% due to the combination of missed focus and only wanting
decisive moment shots.

Time for painkillers and icepacks.

Richard in Michigan

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and
those who don't!
_________

- James M. Barrie