[LRflex] M8 People Pix

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: “lrflex“ <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 16:57:23 -0400

Hello Group,
   after careful consideration, random decision making, and blindly clicking on
images: Here are the first three Leica M8 images I would like to share with my
fellow Leica Reflex Group Members. I tried to choose images I felt were a
combination of compositionally strong, carried a sense of being a Moment that a
Rangefinder helped in capturing, and demonstrated how Lovely the Lens and
Camera are as image recorders. These were all shot at our family gathering to
celebrate Easter and Throw a Surprise 40th Birthday Party for my Youngest
Sister - Patti.

The first is an image of my Brother's Grand Daughter Jillian eating Easter
Dinner.
http://flic.kr/p/9KjvY3

Next is a Picture of my Sister Patti playing with Jillian.
http://flic.kr/p/9Kjw63
note:Deep into the beautiful bokeh of the background my Girlfriend Jane is
prepping the cake for when we surprise Patti with the Birthday Celebration.

Third is a shot of Jillian interacting with my dog Chopper thru a screen door.
http://flic.kr/p/9Kjw2Y

All shot with a Leica M8 in Auto Exposure Mode using a Voigtlander 28mm f1.9
LTM lens w/o any IR cut filter in very mixed lighting.  Color Balancing in post
process was "somewhat" of a Nightmare. The Voigtlander Lens is Wonderful, the
M8 delivers in spades on the per pixel sharpness, and I am overjoyed with my
decision to go the M route over a big bulky EOS 1Ds Camera.

Comments, inputs, flaming put downs, all welcome,
though I firmly believe in Rapier Witted Flame Fighting Comebacks!

Peace,
Richard in Michigan