[LRflex] M8 Kaput latest update

  • From: Howard Cummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:55:55 +0800

Hi Flexers
My lost and now found M8 is in courier purgatory. DHL lost the documentation, I emailed them copies of my copies and asked them to send the camera home to my HK address so I could hand it to Schmidt - the local agent. They sent it, it seems, instead to Germany and Leica won't accept the package without "proper customs documentation" whatever that means. The mess is compounded as I am receiving emails from the lost office which I can't forward to my DHL "case officer" as she is not allowed to deal with customers through email - too much of an electronic paper trail I guess. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
Howard (still resigned in Vancouver)