[LRflex] Re: Lumix FZ30

  • From: "Dr. Puritz" <drpuritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:59:15 -0400

Thanks Bill. To be sure, the Lumix FZ30 is not the newest Panasonic-Leica
camera.  There was a new one ( the DMC-L1 ) displayed and announced at PMA
in Orlando.  I had the opportunity to see the camera, but it was displayed
"under glass" so as to prevent any "fondling".  No one knows the price at
which the camera will be brought to market, nor exactly when the camera will
be available.  The camera is said to handle very much like a standard Leica
SLR.  We shall see.

I have taken the liberty of offering, for interested parties, a review of
the FZ30 which differs considerably from the one in the Washington paper.
If one chooses to read the review one can also navigate about and see some
of the features of the new DMC-L1.  I know very little about digital
cameras, but I follow developments with interest.  Note that I have not
handled the FZ30, so I don't know which review is "correct".  I very much
appreciate your bringing the review to our attention Bill.  It is
interesting to get multiple opinions.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz30/

Elliot