[LRflex] Re: Li-Ion batteries - BEWARE!! An update...

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:58:19 EDT

David & All,

Just think about what we're discussing, These batteries are more than likely
manufactured in a remote Chinese province by a recently hired, former rice
farmer who now is revelling in the fact that he now makes $3.00~$5.00(US) per
day
and that's probably 5~10 times more than he ever made in his life! Of course
the poor person doesn't realize that he is now exposed to unbelievably high
concentrations of heavy metals that will kill him in 10~15 years and have
probably destroyed his genetic structure to pass birth defects on down to his
children/grand children.

I'm sorry people for venting, but this small item that we're discussing is
directly connected to Globalization and "Free-Trade Agreements"

I got in very late last night from a very stressful business trip and am now
suffering the granddaddy of all hangovers as a direct result of ingesting
waaaaayyyy too much 101 Wild Turkey on the rocks. I do that sometimes to
"Wind-Down"!!

Just a thought guys,

Art Tafil
_natstek@xxxxxxxx (mailto:natstek@xxxxxxx)

One of the former active duty "Few, The Proud, The Extremely Hung-Over, The
Marines"