[LRflex] Re: Leitax and apo extender

  • From: James <jkfdesign@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 16:28:28 -0500

Thank you Doug

Yes, that is what I was thinking. Like many, I have been shooting film and scanning. I really like the results I have been getting with the R5 and 80mm, and I don't want to give it up.

That being said, film is getting expensive and from what I gather from this list, the leitax seems to be the best option for me. If the 2x APO extender worked well with the Summilux lenses, I could adjust to the doubled length (but that doesn't seem to be the case wide open : ( as you indicate).

I haven't seen anyone use leica lenses on pentax bodies, is there a qualitative reason for that?

Much appreciated,

James

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 2, 2009, at 3:18 PM, "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

jkfdesign wrote:

is it an option to use the apo-extender with the summilux? I would like
to keep using
the R5 as it has become so natural feeling in my hands...and this seemed
like such a
good idea...

Are you asking about the scenario of keeping the R mount on the 80, and
converting the camera end of the extender?  It would have to be a 2x
extender because the 1.4x has a protruding 'nose' that would collide with the rear of the lens, and unless I'm mistaken the extender isn't all that great at the widest apertures, might have to stop down to f/2.8 (effective
aperture f/5.6) or so.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com