[LRflex] Re: Leica R 80-200 F4.0, or 180mm F2.8 - Advice needed

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:51:13 -0700

Doug,

Thank you very much.

Bill

On Jun 5, 2009, at 1:24 PM, wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

William B. Abbott III wrote:

On Jun 3, 2009, at 5:31 AM, Doug Herr wrote:

I've also added a rotating tripod collar so I can use it with my
shoulder stock.

I'd be interested to learn more details about the collar you mentioned.

I'm using the Leica STA-1 collar, originally made for the 100 APO. One of the inner ribs of the collar interferes with the 80-200's red bump so to make the two fit together either pop the red bump off or (what I did) trim
the rib on the inner side of the collar to clear the red bump.  I have
heard that the Canon tripod collar for the 70-200 f/4 will also fit:
http://tinyurl.com/ofqxgb

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com