[LRflex] Re: Leica M lenses; their soul and secrets

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 02:08:49 -0500

On 2/25/2010 4:47 PM, David Simms wrote:
> For your interest (and I'm sure that many of you have probably read this
> document) I've included a link to Erwin Putts' PDF about Leica M lenses. The
> nice part of this is that he does include some historical information, stuff
> that doesn't appear on the Leica website(s). For example, it's nice for those
> who own a Leica Elmar M 135mm f4 to know that the absolutely superb,
> mind-blowing 135mm f3.4 APO Elmarit-M asph is only very slightly better, in
> terms of resolution and contrast. In fact, Erwin often uses benchmarks from
> the past when describing some of the newer lenses.
> I'm just wondering whether a similar document, treating R lenses, might
> exist.
>
> This is well worth a read, even for the R- enthusiast.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
>
> http://uk.leica-camera.com/assets/file/download.php?filename=file_1770.pdf

David,
    Fascinating!
Thanks for the link.

--
  Charlie Falke                                        _____      /\
  "One test result is worth                       |    |/        `o
    one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun  0  N4003M
  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein