[LRflex] Re: [Leica] IMGs: Friday: Framing Flowers

  • From: George Lottermoser <imagist3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 13:18:51 -0500

On Sep 13, 2013, at 12:36 PM, Aram Langhans wrote:

> Hi George.  #2 for sure.  Too many competing things in #1.  The central, the
> shadow and the petal on the right.  #2 eliminates the petal on the right, and
> to my eye is much better.
>
> Aram
>
> -----Original Message----- From: George Lottermoser
> Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 7:59 AM
> To: Group Users Leica
> Cc: LRF reflex
> Subject: [LRflex] IMGs: Friday: Framing Flowers
>
> c & c always welcome and appreciated
>
> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=7938>

Thanks Ted and Aram.

I certainly can see what you mean Aram.
And I think I agree.
Sometimes it's hard to give up little details we enjoy looking at.

The "original" full frame includes both [of course]
and it just wouldn't work for the reasons you cite: too many competing things;
as well as just too damn symmetrical.

So I tried both of these;
and thought they're both better than the original un-cropped frame.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.imagist.com