[LRflex] Re: Leaving through the side door...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 15:10:25 -0700

Regarding  http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/SideDoor2.htm

Doug wrote:

I think it's funny how in the left (earlier?)

Yup!

photo several of the spectators are leaning to the right as if to counterbalance the rider's list to port.

Well... that group of spectators are all cowboys and, well, that's what they do!

On the focus point issue, it's better to have an out-of-focus photo than
none at all, but getting the focus right is a big deal to me.

Me too. Normally, this shot would have hit the cutting room floor ... It would not go into an album, nor would it be shown to friends, let alone in public.

But, this rider had such a spectacular "exit", that I couldn't resist taking the flack for the lack of focus in order to share the humour of his ride. (It's OK to laugh ... he suffered no injury, except to his pride. Late, he was laughing about it too!)

For me It's the difference between the one that got away and a grand slam.

No argument, there, my friend.