[LRFlex] Large Irish Leica collection for sale

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:11:13 +0100

Hi all. It's not quite Friday yet and I know this is a Leica R list, but I know a fair number of you use Leica r/f stuff as well. So here's your chance to browse through the goodies.

My Cork dealer, Denis McSweeney, has frequently mentioned in the past that one of these days he was going to sell his extensive collection of Leica kit. After two years of mild badgering, he finally brought it in, and very impressive it is.

Rather than selling it in his almost wholly digital shop, we agreed that I would market it for him - in the first instance to those groups with an interest in Leicas. So I will be responsible for handling enquiries and queries. I will then relay firm commitments to buy to Denis, who will take the money and ship the goods. He accepts Visa/Mastercard, cashiers checks, money orders etc., and offers a 30-day trial period. If you don't like it, you can ship it back at your own expense, and have your money back providing the goods are returned in the same condition they left in.

I have inventoried and graded the kit as best I can (E&OE - sorry about the legalese in the listing). The list is at:

http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/DenisMacInvFP.htm

Rules of the game:

1) I will happily answer detailed queries on specific items (though I think the list descriptions are pretty comprehensive), but the first person who commits to buy an item gets the goods. My definition of 'first' will be determined purely by the adjusted time and date of incoming emails.

2) Please email me off-list - I don't want these important emails mixed up with all the filtered stuff from the Leica lists.

3) Prices are ex-shipping priority insured airmail (or DHL if you really want to pay the extra) Shipping prices will be quoted separately before you send your payment (if by check/draft), or before your payment is processed (if you're paying by credit card). Checks and drafts should be made out to Denis McSweeney.

4) No goods will be shipped ahead of an authorised credit card payment, or cleared cheques/money orders, which will obviously take longer. Denis is happy to accept US$ payments. Prices are also quoted in Euros for our EC friends, and Euro bank drafts are OK.

5) If you commit to buy, please let me have a full shipping address and your preferred method of payment.

The easiest (and reasonably secure) way to send credit card data is to split it into two emails to me as follows:

Message 1: Card type (Visa or Mastercard only), first two number groups.
Message 2: Remaining number groups, expiry date (MMYY), security code (last three numbers of the signature strip), and name on card.

Overseas customers in our flower business have been doing this for years, and we've never had a problem.

You can, of course, phone through your details to Denis direct if you're not comfortable with this method. Email me, and I'll give you his phone number.

Happy browsing!

Best

Alex

-- Alex Hurst Waterfall Nr. Cork Ireland

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
       +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor@xxxxxx
Also: corkflor.2@xxxxxxxxxx (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019
   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm