[LRflex] Re: [LRflex] Re: [LRflex] Focal-plane shutter distortion of aëroplane propellers

  • From: David Simms <simmszee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 16:08:36 -0800 (PST)

I could imagine the blade tip being exposed first and, as the slit moved,
likely from l-to-r, the blade would have moved. So, as the rest of the blade
gets exposed, it rotated further until the root would have made a considerable
angle compared to its original position at the beginning of the exposure (of
the blade).
How many rpm do chopper blades turn ? 1,000rpm ?
Interesting. The distortion of the building, in the other shot, is equally
interesting.
Dave