[LRflex] Kodak BW400CN Film

  • From: "Dr. Jeffrey L. T. von Glück" <jgluckphoto66@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 00:49:08 -0400

I got my first roll of BW400CN back from Costco the other day. The
minilab operator told me he tweaked the print settings to get it to look
like traditional b&w, i.e. without the green cast or tint I've read is
often the result with a minilab. The prints are on Fuji Crystal Archive
paper and did not come half bad. The scans on the CD are high resolution
and track the print results.

The pictures themselves are just family snaps of my wife and daughter at
the seashore, taken with a Leica Minilux. I will do some serious
experimenting in my M7 and Leicaflex SL, use various filters and so
forth. My initial take is that this emulsion is good as a people film
but may not be too good for landscape, at least not back in the day when
I shot Panatomic-X and Plus-X Pan.

Jeff Glück