[LRflex] Re: Kaufmann Interview

  • From: wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 14:54:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

chfalke@xxxxxxx wrote:

>    I will wait and see as well, but I don't think the CEO saying
>"The R is a beautiful camera, but today’s market gives
>preference  to other products." as being no news. :-)

Having recently experienced what happens when an interview is translated to
another language I wouldn't read too much into what Herr Kaufmann did or did
not say.  Something always gets lost in the translation.  Those who read my
interview in LFI and have had the opportunity to read the original interview
before it was translated the German for editing then back to English will
agree.  My interview as it appears in LFI is 95% OK but some of the finer
points were lost.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com