[LRflex] Re: Is it worth to buy 50 /1.4 with ROM

  • From: Thomas Schofield <tdschofield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:37:59 -0800 (PST)

For sharpness wide open, you want the model that takes
E60 front filters, whch probably are all ROM lenses,
but not the older model that takes 55mm filters,
whether ROM or not.  The filter size is the indicator
of having the new optical formula, not whether or not
ROM.  ROM just zooms the flash head on flashes so
equipped.  ROM only communicates through the R8/9 to
the flash, and not even through to the DMR.

(Said realizing there will be a slew of replies by
happy 1st Gen Summilux users, who prefer the bokeh,
smooth color rendition and  fingerprint of their
beloved lens!)

Tom Schofield