[LRFlex] Influence of ISO on RAW capacity

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 00:52:01 +0200

David,
here are the figures for a fresh Kingston 1GB card
ISO 100    112
ISO 200    111
ISO 400    108
ISO 800    104
ISO 1600   100
ISO 3200   92 (custom setting H)
BTW, software updated to 2.0.0 also puts an extra file on to the card.

Hope this helps, it does actually vary from card to card
512 mb mostly pack 55 RAW files at ISO 100
cheers
Douglas

Douglas Sharp wrote:
Hello David,
take a look at the ISO setting.
Set at 100 you ( I ) get 110 or 112 RAWS per GB the higher you set the ISO the lower the number of files.
cheers
Douglas

David Young wrote:

I am using a couple of 1 gig cards (Lexar Professional HS, if it matters) but get a curious anomoly.
When I put a freshly formatted card in the 20D (Raw only mode) it reports that I have 98 photos available. (49 on the 512mb card).
But, every now and again, the camera reports (and delivers!) 109 photos!
It seems to make no difference whether I format in the camera, or format on my computer/card reader and then re-format in the camera. (Formatting in the compter alone, does not create the DCIM folder that the in-camera formatting creates, and which the 20D wants.)
Has anybody else noticed this anomoly? And is 98 photos per gb normal?
Just curious....
Thanks.