[LRflex] Re: Images

  • From: <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:14:09 -0400

Keith,
     I also hope they keep flying.
    The triplane is a replica with a radial engine instead of a rotary.  Their
site says it was made for TV use.  They have a 2nd one that
is more accurate.
     Shuttleworth is a wonderful place.  The best place to take
photos of the aircraft in the air is outside the airfield grounds and
to the right and up the road to the next gate, right by the sign that
says you're not supposed to be there. :-)
    They go right over your head, quite low.  A Mark V Spit very low at takeoff
power is a sensory experience not to be missed.
    Nowhere else on earth does a Spitfire operate on grass.
If you have Dementia Aeronatica anything like as bad as I do,
plan to spend the day.
Charlie.