[LRflex] ISO: Simple Printer For Printing On CDs/DVDs

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lrflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 15:21:42 -0500

Hello Group,
can anyone help me find an inkjet for printing on Inkjet Printable CDs and DVDs
that won't cost Hundreds of dollars? Even a Used one would be acceptable. They
seem to have disappeared from the marketplace completely unless one is willing
to buy a top end inkjet printer. Which a) isn't in my budget b) is superfluous
in quality to my CD/DVD needs and c) I don't make inkjet photoprints so why buy
buncha a capability I'll never use. If I understand correctly such printers are
common overseas still because epson, canon, etc just don't see a need anymore
to pay the u.s.patent holder's pricey royalties to include the ability here.

It's is quite annoying that at time I decide I wanna start printing on discs
the ability has disappeared from the united states. I know opticals are passing
into niche usages these days, but I have a couple of niche uses for them! Also
it's a right nightmare to do searches online for a printer which prints on CDs
because all listings, advertisements, and reviews of printers, include the
words prints, on, and cd, which pretty much means google, ebay, and amazon,
searches include every result under the sun. Sigh.

If anyone has a link for one, one on a shelf, or any input, that is resonably
priced, that would be most appreciated.

Sincerely
Richard in Michigan

A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought.
There is a visible labor and there is an invisible labor.
- Victor Hugo