[LRflex] Re: IMG/MPG German Coastguard

  • From: <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 8:45:26 -0500

Douglas,
    This is very funny.  Even though I have seen it it brightened a
dreary bitter cold morning.
    I think the original commercial was for a language school.
    I think one of the unintended consequences of the
European Union is that since more business is done between
European countries, lots more people are learning English
because it's the 2nd language they can count on finding  someone speaking.
   Switzerland has considered adopting English as a  language of exchange for
this reason.
    At Airbus, the Germans actually had the best English of anybody  (Except
for the Rolls guys :-)
Charlie.