[LRflex] Re: IMG kids in hospital ...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:22:02 -0700

On Jan 31, 2008, at 10:01 AM, David Young wrote:

Steve Barbour showed:

first...nose to nose in the ICU...
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/hospital+kids/mn.jpg.html
second, aide...
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/hospital+kids/aide.jpg.html

Good Mornin' Steve!

Can't say that the second shot impresses me... almost a look of panic in the young girl's eyes.

I looked again and just don't see that David, yet I can't argue, as all is in the eye/mind of the beholder I guess...

in any case, remember that these images are not, in any way, posed...

But, the first shot ... "nose to nose" ... is both technically excellent and inspiring to look at! The plane of focus includes both the eyelashes of the young lady, and the patient's nose - which is the center of the attention. Without being graphic, this photo, to me, symbolizes all that is good, in medicine, and gives the viewer hope that the outcome will be a good one.

I am glad that you like this David... it's a pretty down to earth image really, of a critical moment in the life of a critically ill infant...glad it struck the right chord, Steve

Nicely done!

Wildlife Photographs: http://www.furnfeather.net