[LRflex] Re: IMG cocktail party in the desert

  • From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 15:00:40 -0700 (PDT)

Steve
  Recently I was reading someplace that the rangefinder was antiquated and
obsolete. One of the comments was "users claim that it is less obtrusive to use
for people shots" The author couldn't understand how this could be; seeing that
the camera is about the same size as an SLR and putting it to your eye makes it
just as apparent. An argument that I never bought. Obviously this guy never
tried street photo with a rangefinder nor has he heard how quite a RF can
be.You just blew all of his arguments out of the water. Along with another
great shot.

Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx> wrote:

    On Oct 9, 2007, at 1:54 PM, Andy Wagner wrote:

    Steve
  Considering the last shot that we saw of this good looking lady was the palm
of her hand   Just how many did she have to let you take this shot? And HOW
could you put that beautiful M8 in such perril?  :-)

actually Andy I was standing there talking with her, when I took the shot... my
camera was as low as I could hold it, and she didn't even know that I was
taking pictures....

  but she had more than me...

  :-)

  thanks,Steve

Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx> wrote:
      Steve Barbour showed:
  Subject: [LRflex] IMG cocktail party in the desert
  >>>a typical Phoenix cocktail party...<<<<<

  http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2007/katie.jpg.html

  Steve mon ami,
  Please would you provide an answer? It?s simply due to the hot Phoenix sun
and alcohol effects? ;-)

  Not to forget the ?angle? of the photo, not prying of course. J But how many
cocktails did you have before you shot this very low lying on your back looking
up photograph? J J

  Yeah, yeah we all know it was a hot day in Phoenix and it made you extremely
thirsty, but it does look like a Bloody Mary in the hand of the subject! ;-)
Just a passing thought. J

  This beats most of the standing straight and tall normal cocktail shots I?ve
seen! J However? ;-)

  ted

  Regards
  YXAndy