[LRflex] Re: IMG: Wild Turkey

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:03:21 -0500

Doug Herr wrote:
For several fall seasons I've been trying to get the ultimate photo of the Wild Turkey.  I'm not quite there yet but I'm pretty happy with this one:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/phasianidae/witu22.jpg

technical stuff: R8/DMR, 280mm f/4 APO (I'm not sending it away for repair until I get desperate), shoulder stock & monopod, knee pads.  All comments welcome.
------

Doug,
   I think you're there.  Astonishing beautiful shot.  Perfect
light both for the texture of the plumage and the color, and
of course the pose shows of the creature's lines.   These
animals are in my backyard every three days, and I can get
that close with a 50, but here they just look dumb.
   My hat's off to you. :-)

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein