[LRflex] Re: IMG: Whooper swans (was Re: IMG: Tundra Swan)

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 06:57:37 -0800

Andy Barton wrote:

>As you may recall, I recently bought an old 560 f6.8. These two were
>the results of my first morning outing with it. With the DMR crop,
>this beast is quite a handful... practice is required ;-)
>
>http://andybarton.com/geese.jpg
>
>http://andybarton.com/swans.jpg

Good Mornin' Andy!

 From the "frozen" water droplets in the "swans" shot, I'd say you're
doing pretty well!

The 400/560/f6.8's are amazing for such a lightweight lens.  I've
used them with just the shoulder stock with good success (though a
reasonably high rate of motion failures).  Like Doug, I mostly use
the 400 with the shoulder stock AND a monopod.  Especially when using
a 2x converter, as well!

Were your shots made with a monopod or a tripod?  Or did you "wing" it?

Keep up the good work!  :-)