[LRflex] Re: IMG: White-rumped Shama (repost)

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 00:10:49 -0500

Doug Herr wrote:
Last winter I photographed a White-rumped Shama in very poor lighting conditions; much like the and

Doug,
   The background is night and day better, but on my old NEC monitor
at least, the bird's neck and beak are darker, and I think they look
better darker than the original, but a little bit too dark to
the point that detail is lost.  Possibly I need a better monitor.
Complete success in terms of fixing the color balance, though.
Thanks for sharing this technique and the images.
--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein