[LRflex] Re: IMG: Unknown reptile

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 16:22:35 -0700

Does it have scales or a scaleless skin? I can't quite tell from the photo.
Lizards are reptiles and have dry scale skin. Newts are amphibians and have
smoother, moist skin without sales. It does look newt-like to me. Newt and
salamanders require moisture, and I think I see some drops of water on the
plant in the photo. So I am assuming there is water nearby.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

“The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream.”   James D. Watson