[LRflex] Re: IMG: Sailing with the wind - Swan on the canal

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 07:21:47 -0700

Douglas Sharp wrote:

A walk by the canal this afternoon. This Swan passed us at an amazing speed and was obviously taking advantage of the stiff breeze from astern to save energy.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/Birds/_MG_7564-Edit.jpg.html
Not DH standard, but I think it's quite a majestic bird

A majestic bird, indeed!

I don't know what DH would say, but I'd crop the shot, so the bird is just a little right of center... thus swimming "in to" the shot. I think it would create a bit more "eye appeal". But, that's just my opinion, and I'm not the photographer.

Nicely done. :-)