[LRflex] Re: IMG: Hannover's New Town Hall at night

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 18:01:41 +0100

Hi David,
hand held - yes it's a wonderful building - believe it
or not it was built on a raft of wooden boles on piles
driven into a swampy site.
It also has what is said to be the worlds only lift
that runs on a curved track inside a dome (to take
visitors up the the viewing platform at the top).

What's even more important - the square in front of it
is where I met Frauke for the first time:-)

Cheers
Douglas