[LRflex] Re: IMG: Great Horned Owl

  • From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:10:20 -0500 (EST)

Richard Ward wrote:

Query: What was the Aperture Setting you used? I'm seeing more depth of field
than I kind of expected. Is that due to distance, "Bubo's" location amongst the
branches, or have you just spoiled us with wonderful images packing gorgeous
bokeh'ed to heck backgrounds in your images?!? :-)
<<<

The 280mm f/4 APO + 2x extender has a maximum effective aperture of f/8, and I
stopped it down a 1/2 stop (to try getting a little more DOF) so that's f/9.5
or so, plus there isn't much distance between Bubo and the branches.  Thanks
for the question!

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com