[LRflex] Re: IMG: Duck and experiments - addendum ...

  • From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "philippe.amard" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:37:21 -0800

Hi Philippe!

In a message dated 16/02/2011, philippe.amard said ...

> I had ordered mount converters to N that don't fit the Angies (the
> throat is too narrow)
> so I converted the R extender and it now can be fitted on the D700
> The female part still takes R mounts and the Angies consequently can
> be stuck, at the expense of magnification X2 and light loss ;-)
> The duck is 210mm X 2 on a "full format" chip, shot handheld from
> about 12 yards I'd say. Probably f 5,6.

Whatever you did, the results speak for themselves!  Did, by chance, you
document your work, in photos?

> This is tinkering and DIYing but I needed to change my mind from work
> and this afternoon's walk did me good :-)

:-)  Some days,we need that!

> Pity the Oly 50-200 won't fit in any case ...
> I should have bought an E5,
> yet even though Oly is apparently in financial trouble,
>   those are scarce, and hard to be found,
> in truth I haven't seen one yet ...

Not sure where you get the "financial trouble" bit... they've downgraded
their expectations by 9%, it's true, but they still expect to make
US$582.8 million this year.

Sadly, I suspect they'll abandon the dSLR market, after the E5, as the
money seems to be in the m4/3rds market. I keep hoping that (as some
rumours claim) that the E5 is a "holding action" and that they are readying
a block-buster E7, for release in about a year's time.  However, I file
that in the same bin where I keep my Leica R10d rumours!

I didn't find the E5 a sufficient improvement to purchase one... though, if
no E7 is forthcoming, I may purchase one of the remaining E5's, near the
end or their run, to prolong the life of my Oly glass.  Failing that, I may
be forced to acquire a m4/3rds camera and purchase their adapter.  Ugh!

David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, CANADA

Wildlife: www.furnfeather.net
Personal: www.main.furnfeather.net