[LRflex] Hong Kong 2013 Rugby 7's

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 06:46:59 -0700

Hello David,
Glad you liked the photos. The 300 f4.0 lacked only one thing - vibration
reduction - but with a minimum shutter speed of 1/1000 to stop the action - the
lack of VR didn't seem to matter. Using auto ISO to 6400 for changing lighting
conditions also let me close down a bit to gain some depth of field to
compensate for AF errors when the action was fast - which was most of the time.
I was very pleased with the combination.
Cheers
Howard

From:     David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:12:08 -0700
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Hong Kong 2013 Rugby 7's

G'Mornin' Howard!

You were lucky to get tickets ... we were lucky to see you images. :-)

That 300mm, from high in the stands, did a bang-up job and the pano is
stunning. That D800 is one incredible machine!

David.