[LRflex] Re: Holiday snaps 3 - 1 Vintage Rover, 2 Owls and some Fireworks

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 16:38:51 +0200

Hi David,
the owl shots were difficult enough as they were, if I'd got any lower there would have been one of those orange plastic netting fences in the way. The fireworks just go to show what an excellent lens the old Carl Zeiss Planar 1.7/50 for CY is, the colours are exactly as I remember them being on the night. I'm glad we stayed in and watched it all from the flat, the local police arrested going on for 70 drunken and viciously aggressive youths in the town that night. The local rag wrote that it would have been more if they'd had the cells.
Cheers
Douglas

David Young wrote:
Douglas Sharp showed:

A vintage Rover
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Whitby/20070812-_MG_6709-Edit.jpg.html

Two owls at the falconry display
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/96160-1/20070812-_MG_6717-Edit.jpg
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/96163-1/20070812-_MG_6718-Edit.jpg

Fireworks from my bedroom window
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/96148-1/20070813-_MG_6988-Edit.jpg
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/96151-1/20070813-_MG_6997-Edit.jpg
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/96154-1/20070813-_MG_6995-Edit.jpg
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/96157-1/20070813-_MG_7003-Edit.jpg

Hi Douglas!

Unlike Keith, I like your "mascot" shot of the Rover.

As for the Owls... I like owls, too. Pity you couldn't get a slightly lower angle on the first one (so you're looking at him, not down on him), and have more of his eye showing.

The fireworks are the best of the bunch.

Thanks for sharing your holiday with us!