[LRflex] Re: Holiday snaps 1 - Spits and Arrows

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:26:09 +0200

Thanks for taking a look Ted,
as far as I know, the D-Day marked Spit was actually flown by the RCAF in 1944/45 (were you once again the intrepid ace of the skies? :-) ) The two were flown on consecutive days, but a few days later they were obviously flying inofficial dog-fights (training) over the North Sea, unfortunately at an altitude where they were only visible as specks, so no photos of that, not even with a 300mm and a 2x converter - pity.

Douglas

Ted Grant wrote:
Hi Douglas,
The Red Arrows are awesome, both plane and your pictures! I'll still take a
Spit any day! Particular the later model with D-Day markings. :-)

Classic classic airplane. :-) And I bet everyone of those Red Arrow jockeys
would just love to have a Spit under their control any day, any time. :-)

ted

-