[LRflex] Hanna - a nice story for a Sunday morn....

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 07:06:29 -0700

Meanwhile ... back at the Falkland Stampede...

Two, young, Alberta ladies, Shelby Cummings and Cassie Horner, do trick riding ... and they're very good at it!

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/CC1.htm

They ride to raise funds for the "Children's Wish Foundation" ... the group which makes dreams come true, for children who are terminally ill.

Hanna - age 7 - has always wanted to be a Cowgirl ... though it seemed unlikely that she'd ever get the chance.

So, when "The Crazy Cowgirls" (as Shelby & Cassie are known) came to Falkland (population 600), they spent their off-time teaching Hanna and her friend, Ursala, how to groom horses and do a "Hippodrome Stand". Then, on Monday - the last day of the Rodeo, Hanna had her wish come true. She became a cowgirl.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/CC2.htm

C&C welcomed, as always.

Cheers!

--------
PS: If you wish to see more of the "Crazy Cowgirls", Hanna and Ursala, someone made a video of their Falkland performance and has posted it on YouTube.

The quality is rather poor, but if you watch, really closely, you can see me, on the far side, by a fence-post, a camera in my hand and a cream coloured Tilley on my head. I can be spotted at the 0:35, 1:40 and 3:21 marks. (Does this qualify as making me a movie star?)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pKKiCPSyG60
--------