[LRflex] Re: Gung Hay Fat Choy!- New Year in Korea

  • From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:13:56 -0800 (PST)

Happy New Year
  Looking forward to seeing some of the photos
gfurst01568@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  Yesterday was the New Year in Korea as we get there before you. We had duck
(a kind of rice cake with sea weed) for breakfast and went to the ancestral
graves on a mountain to feed our ancestors (we ate what they left) and bow down
to them. Then we visited living relatives. The children did their bows to the
grandparents and received envelopes with money and we gathered around for
dinner. A typical New Years Day in Korea. Sorry no pictures until I have time
to scan them. Sincerely, George in South Korea