[LRflex] Re: Grouse

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 18:39:07 +0200

This is most beautiful David!!!

The only one I ever met was this lesser species
http://www.thefamousgrouse.com/lda/

Amitiés
Philippe, tiptoeing out of the room before Ted sees me ;-)

Le 10 oct. 12 à 17:48, David Young a écrit :

G'Mornin' Flexers!

Just back from a week with family (Canadian Thanksgiving), in northern Alberta.

Along the way, we managed to see an Elk and a Moose, but both were too far away to get a decent image, even with the 400 Telyt. What I did manage to catch was what's locally known as a "Ruffle Grouse" or "Fool Hen". Turns out that it's properly called a "Ruffed Grouse". (Ya learn somethin' new, ever' day!)

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Grouse.html

C&C welcomed, as always.

David.