[LRflex] Re: Good Lab for B&W Development and Scans

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 12:37:12 -0500

Dwight,
you might want to contact Allied Photo. I included a link. I know they offer a
package of film processing, printing, & scanning, that seemed fairly priced.
You get the film developed, they scan it onto CD (or make available for
download), and print a small proof print as well. I would suggest giving them a
call and asking about the service. I have gone to them for printing and
processing for like 25yrs and even worked there for a bit once upon a time.
They're my goto place for printing just about everything.
Hope you find a lab to your liking.
R.W.

<http://www.alliedphoto.com/content/products-and-services>
________________________________

A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought.
There is a visible labor and there is an invisible labor.
- Victor Hugo
________________________________

On Dec 28, 2013, at 11:37 AM, Dwight Brown <freepistol@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anyone in the US have a favorite lab for developing and scanning B&W film?
 I have no problem developing film, but the scanning thing is a real problem as
I shoot 6x6 a lot as well.  I have an Epson flat bed that does OK, but the dust
makes me crazy.  I tried one place that was recommended, but it was a disaster.
 They over developed the film so it was like N+99 !  I did not think it was
possible to screw up that bad, but evidently it is.  The scans were useless as
well.  Needless to say the grain looked like gravel.  I lost about a hundred
dollars and five rolls of film.  Oh well, you live and learn.  I hope everyone
had a nice holiday, I have had a good rest and enjoyed time with my wife and my
cats Leica and Nikon.  Any body else have cats, dogs, children, spouses named
for cameras?

Dwight------