[LRFlex] Re: Get 'em young!! Fun with the Royal Marine Commandos 1998

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:20:27 -0800

Art Tafil offered:

A great time was had by all. (I can say that now, forty years after the fact,
it's amazing how time mellows the experiences). <<<<

Hi Art,

Me included, only in my first year in COTC Canadian officer training. But we
had a couple of Welsh Guard Sgt. Major's! My goodness, there were some days our
group swore we would die by sunset before these two were finished with us! :-)
Yes and you're right, it's easy to smile about it today, only in my case it was
55 years ago.:-)

yep just a young lad. ;-) But in reality, they were the two best people I ever
knew in the military, I learned more about being a successful officer,
physically fit and looking after my future troopers, than I believe anyone else
could have taught us. But damn they were tough assed SOB'S. ;-)

ted