[LRflex] Re: Focus Stacking - Second Try.

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:05:20 -0700

HI Aram!

> That would probably be me, with the focusing
> thing.  That is what I do most often.

Then...thanks!  :-)

> CS6 does not do any of the mirrored wing thing you are
> mentioning.  I have never seen any of that on am images I have worked
> with.  Not sure where you heard of that problem with CS6.

I "got the idea", Aram, from the you-tube video that Xavier posted, where the
chap (using Ps6) shows and talks about an out-of-focus perimeter.

See: http://youtu.be/FM7yUUmGMvE

If your version of PS6 does not do that, then I stand corrected.  And,
certainly, from the two results you've sent me, of my own images, it appears
not to be so.

I simply made a (rash) assumption that this out-of-focus perimeter would be
analogous to the mirroring done on the perimeter by CombineZP.

My apologies to Adobe, if I have maligned their excellent product.

> I bought one of those rails for my father in law and it
> was really a piece of C---.  I have a nice Novoflex double rail that I
> picked up for $35.  I also found a nice Novoflex single rail for him for
> about $40.  Look around. they are smooth and precise.  Once you use
> something like that you will wonder why you bothered with anything else.

I have no doubt that the Novoflex stuff is excellent... but the rail I got from
China is their "better" grade, with helical gears, and is,  I felt, remarkably
good value for the money.  Remarkably little backlash. If I find I do a lot of
this sort of thing, I'll undoubtedly "step up", bur for now, it's an excellent,
low-cost way to "get in the game".

Thanks, once again, for all your help.

David.

is active.