[LRflex] Re: First rhododendron of the season taken w/ 3 lenses

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 00:32:17 +0100

Le 17 déc. 09 à 00:13, LEICAFLEX a écrit :

Dear Philippe,

Noted your suggestion about more challenging lighting conditions ~ it
is a sensible one and if the opportunity arises, I will try to compare
flare and other factors like contrast.

The Angie 35 x 2 was my first 'flare resistant' zoom, and maybe lens - it is easier with a longer zoom, yet so many moving parts may make a difference with a fix? lense.

 In the mean time, I am
definitely keeping my copy of your pet lens.  To be honest, I always
associate the Angenieux with you - a few years back you used to post
images with your Angies, and the truth be told that this thread was a
major influence in my replacing my father's wobbly Leica (by Minolta
not Kyocera) telephoto zoom lens with this Angenieux 3X70 zoom.

I hope you were not the one who had bought my Leitz 70-210 pump zoom LoL

Its too bad you can't use a R-to-Oly adapter with your Angenieux
lenses.

I can Eric, but I bought the Oly 50-200 to get AF and while my Angie was having a beauty made. I had intended to sell both Angies 35 x 2 and 70 x 3, but I'm keeping them as there's rumour of a 'satisfactory solution for R users'
from Panasonic ...

Look they're all there, just waiting
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Old+ladies-1140773.jpg.html

 It would be fun to see some of your "Angel series" by Angies.

We had plans to go again and spend Christmas there - the chalet is even booked - but we have a problem with a visa of one of the members of my family, so this might take longer until we go again, tough!

One reason why I went the Canon D-SLR route - of course that was prior
to the Leitax option.  However, my use of R optics on EOS digital will
mostly be at wider apertures, and I'm content with my set-up at this
point in life.

And from what I saw, with good reasons to be.

Bien cordialement
Philippe
Merci, Eric

   * From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
   * To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   * Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:21:46 +0100

Thanks for posting this comparative series.

Maybe, and in the sake of honesty, you could try again shooting when
light conditions are more drastic, against the light for instance, or
where there's much more constrast. I don't know how my pet would fare,
but I'm curious to know and would be thankful to you if you did.

Thanks again
Phileicangemix - might also add Oly somewhere in between (wink)