[LRflex] First Blood

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:05:15 -0700

As many of you know, Xavier and I have been having our troubles, figuring out the Russian "Dandelion", Focus confirmation chip.

This morning I received an email from Huk, in Moscow, with a minor work-around, and word that a cure is "in the works", though that may take some time.

So, with the work-around in hand, I headed down to the lake for an hour, to make the first trials of the Dandelion equipped, 400/f6.8 Telyt on the E3.

Focus confirmation worked well in full daylight, even when the lens was stopped down to f11. And the Exif Data reports the correct 400mm focal length.

This shot of a Red Winged Black Bird, at f8, was the best of the day, I think.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/RWBB.htm

Technical stuff:

Snapped when the camera went "beep", indicating focus.
Olympus E3 w/400mm Telyt on monopod w/shoulder stock.
1/1250th @ f6.8  ISO 320.  IS-Mode 1: On.

Comments, criticism appreciated, as always.

Cheers!

David.