[LRFlex] Re: Film avilability at Costco

  • From: Gary E <ge_crocus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:44:37 -0800 (PST)

Aram,

I don't believe that with the disappearence of film at
a large chain would indicate film is going sooner than
expected.  But, the disapperence is more likely due to
Costco noticing an increase of it's customers using a
digital medium when developing prints, and the sales
were slow in general when compared to it's digital
camera sales.

It is unfortunate, but those of us who mastered or are
mastering development combinations (such as Tri-x with
D-76 or the likes) will someday have to switch again
because of the lack of availability of their preffered
and favorite film.

I buy the bulk of my film from camera stores such as
B&H and Adorama, but I do look out for bargains from
time to time at those large chain warehouse type
places; especially if they're going to sell me film at
50% off ;)

Gary

--- FreeLists Mailing List Manager