[LRflex] Feeling pleased...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 08:03:56 -0800

Good Mornin' Flexers!

Last evening, I taught my first session of the spring set of photo courses.

It turns out that they offered photo courses, in 3 of the previous 4 years, each time cancelling them, after failing to get the minimum 4 people enrolled. So they, and I, were quite pleased when we had 17 enrolled, last fall. (Remember, in this small town, an enrollment of 8 or 9 in any course, is considered a really good turnout!)

Last night, we had 19 and I am told that there are already 6 signed up for the Level II course, in March, so I'm hoping for a dozen, or so.

The WHY, for whom I teach the courses, are thrilled, as they have been asked to run a program, for some underprivileged kids, for which they have absolutely no budget. Yesterday, they told me that the fees from my courses will fund it.

Somehow, that knowledge made my efforts all worthwhile.  :-)