[LRflex] FS: Leicaflex SL2

  • From: wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LeicaReflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:44:13 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

someone please talk me out of doing this!

My Leicaflex SL2 bodies are not getting any play time.  Sitting on the shelf is
BORING and will give them arthritis...  but I don't see myself using much film
any more.

Here's what I've got:

a) Leicaflex SL2, silver chrome, CLA'd about 3 years ago by Leica USA with
meter re-calibrated for 1.5-volt silver-oxide battery.  Also has SL-type
microprism viewscreen (no split-image thingie).  Has minor crapes and rub
marks, no significant dings.  Not a shelf queen, a splendid user.

b) Leicaflex SL2, black chrome, CLA'd last year by DAG.  Also has re-calibrated
meter and SL-type viewscreen.  As with the silver chrome body, it has minor
wear and rub marks.  A great user.

Neither camera's meter needle illumination lamp is working, but this might be a
battery issue.  The SL2 meets the old Leitz standard for toughness.  US$700 for
either body plus shipping.  Or talk me out of this.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com