[LRflex] Re: Eyeball Woes

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 23:23:39 -0400

On Oct 27, 2011, at 9:21 PM, "W.B. Abbott" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Richard,
>
> Take heart: no news is no news, nothing more.
>
> All the best,
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,
   Unfortunately I have been using the 'wait for the expeet to tell you what's
wrong' mantra for 4 days to remain quite calm in the presence of this crisis in
my vision. Now that the expert has given zero-zip-nada information as to what
is going on or what he thinks might be going on, the deferred emotional
body language etc and he gave zero nonverbal indication of finding a clue or
something in the exam or his conversation with me or as he was making his
verbal chart notes that he had found an answer or a problem. (room was miked up
with expensive audio equipment by the way) I suspect if I spoke Opthamalogical
Medical Speak I'd know a lot more.

Only specific things I know is he says there is not an emergency going on and
he was ordering a laser scan with n without iv contrast. Wait here for the tech
to conduct the exam as he left the room were his final words. We didnt get any
indication that was the last we'd interact with him and so neither me nor my
girlfriend got to ask any 'exit questions' of him. We did request a phone call
though.

Let me rephrase about not knowing anything specific: My vision quality and
sharpness and acuity are undiminished and just as good as my previous eye exam
in july (per my personal opthamologist). There are no injuries or illnesses in
the surface of my eyes or in my lenses. My vision is not distorted in either
eye in any way (they checked) and I would have noticed anyway!

I know a lot my friends.
Just nothing as to why I have a blank spot in my field of vision nor why
another one developed between my intake dilation and seeing dr half hr later.

As one of 'the smart kids' :-)
I'm used to knowing whats going
on or being able to figure it out.

And The Google has been no help!

Now I am off to watch something funny and make me laugh out loud!
:-D
I deserve it!

RLW