[LRflex] Re: Erratic AF on Digital Rebel problem

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:36:42 +0100

Hi Javier,
have you tried the different AF modes, sometimes my 300D (Drebel) hangs
up in one of them, I'm not sure which anymore.
1) I've had this happen with a Tamron AF 18-200mm, the Canon 28-135mm
IS, and the bundle-zoom 18-55 EF-S.
Usually when there's very high contrast in the target.
2) Have you inadvertently switched the AF points to a single point? Or,
particularly, a point somewhere at the edge of the frame,
If you're in wide angle mode it sometimes won't focus correctly.
Hope some of this may help you out.
cheers
Douglas