[LRflex] Re: Downy

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 08:50:49 -0800

G'Mornin' Philippe!

You're right!  Low angle, late in the day.  Hard to control the white breast of
the bird.  So, not perfect, but I think it OK, under the circumstances.

But, it's that same low angle that brings out the detail in the darker
feathers, if the pose is right, such as the Stellar's Jay I showed a few days
ago.  But he was a bit easier, as the Jay has no large (or even small) white
areas to "blow".

Glad that you liked it. :-)  Thanks for looking!

David.

> Difficult light on that one David if I want to be pecky, but very pleasant
> view of the bird all the same, thanks :-)
>
> Amities
> Philippe
>
> Le 3 févr. 15 à 02:47, David Young a écrit :
>
>> Downy ... no, not the fabric softener... the woodpecker.
>>
>> http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Fem_Downy.html
>>
>> Got this on the same trip that gave me the Sellar's Jay.
>>
>> David.
>>
>> ---
>> protection is active.
>>
>> ------
>>   http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/
>> Archives are at:
>>    //www.freelists.org/archives/leicareflex/
>

> One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the
> eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
> NO ARCHIVE

is active.