[LRflex] Re: Doug: check out 'Flex SL in framed display

  • From: William Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 17:04:09 -0700

Dear Listers:

Some additional food for thought (from a DMR user for over a year) as
we move from an vibrant but ill-starred past into a murky future:

Gary Pinkerton wrote:

See lot # 244 on this auction site:

https://www.westlicht-auction.com/index.php?
id=76805&acat=76805&offset=0&_ssl=off

It occurred to me today that the "exploded" view of a Leicaflex SL on
a large felt-covered board and the many "exploded" views of a Leica
M8 at:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/21331-
anatomy-leica-m8.html

illustrate the transformation the new owners must make. They
illustrate two related but different technologies that require
different organizations, functions, and skills to succeed. Take a look.

All the best,

Bill