[LRflex] DMR Responses - Thank you.

  • From: "Peter Stevens" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "fritzj3@yahoo" for DMARC)
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 02:53:20 +0000 (UTC)

 I wanted to thank you all for your suggestions and the dose of realism about
Leica's design. I have sent inquiries to all the mentioned sites along with
every other one that I've found so far. It's taken on something of a challenge
to see if there's someone out there who, like Michael Bass, is quietly bringing
digital Edsels back to life. Michael is the gentleman David made mention of for
refurbishing Leica batteries, and he does a whole host of other modifications
for things photographically electrical. Take a look using Michael Bass Designs
in your favorite search engine and I think you'll be surprised and impressed by
what he is doing.

Another person whom I'd like to mention in my DMR quest who has helped me not
only contact Doug Herr outside of Leciareflex but who also gave a contact
inside Leica Germany is Thorsten Overgaard. The man is a walking brand
ambassador for all things Leica M. If you haven't taken a look at his web site
I urge and recommend doing so. He is as thorough in his relating Leica history
and evaluating Leica equipment as David Young is with his History of
Photography.
If I turn up any new sources I'll pass them along. Thanks again for all your
suggestions and information.
Best regards,Peter Stevens